I am catching XBox fever...
I am not sure but I think I am catching 'XBox' fever. I bought my husband this new game, "Brothers in Arm." Now, usually I just walk by my husband glaring at him, as he goes into his fifth hour of playing time. Of course, when he ask me 'what's wrong?' I know that he is just coeying with me, desperately (yet subconsiously) asking me to start this argument. So, far be it for me to disappoint him....but, I have to admit this game actually got my attention. It is the 101st Airborne. Man, could I have picked a better birthday gift for my husband. I have actually taken the time to play this game on the weekend. Let me tell you, I am having a blast. (I had to call a truce with my husband- no more glaring)
Actually, I wished my recruiter would have known about this game and told me of it. I mean, really, I could have just commanded my troops on this game, without the aches and pains of training... :) Damn, always last to find out things. And on top of that, I am an expert on the game and no need to throw any rocks.... what a shame.
Oh, by the way, just to clear things up for anyone out there who reads my blog. I do not exchange in any political viewpoints. I just do my job, and go home. I look for the positive and humor as should everyone in their daily lives and jobs. Isn't that what keeps everyone going? It should not matter if you are a cook, garbage collector, recruiter or soldier. (Had to throw recruiter in there for my friend 'blisters') Life is to short, enjoy it. Kiss your kids, tell them you love them. Hug your husband, tell him..well, I will leave that to each individual. There is an Army saying, 'You only get out of it, what you put into it.' I apply that to everything I do, I hope my readers can to.
See you later
5 Comments:
REPUBLISHED
FVK said...
Hey, "SoldierGirl", I really enjoy your Blog and outlook on life. Keep up the great job! Your family must be very proud of you.
Sorry to hear about your aches and pains brought on by running and “old age”. Congrats on your Sharpeshooter, sorry you didn’t get Expert. Better luck next time. Remember, “luck” is where “opportunity” and “preparation”, intersect.
Thank you for serving and please stay safe.
See you in the “funny papers”!
Thu Mar 24, 11:58:03 AM EST
REPUBLISHED
julie anna
Hello, I just discovered your blog and hope that you will continue with it. I am a 30 year old mother who has considered enlisting in the army...don't know how well I could handle being called 'Grandma' though.
Fri Mar 25, 01:54:13 AM EST
REPUBLISHED
armynurseboy said....
Proud to have you on the team! Take your training to heart, as your fellow soldiers are going to look to you to save people's lives. If you have any questions about what to expect over in Iraq drop me an e-mail. I was the Regimental Nurse for 3d ACR during OIF and would love to share tidbits that might help...
Fri Mar 25, 04:22:43 PM EST
REPUBLISHED
Rob Gutkowski said....
good luck to you, troop.
Fri Mar 25, 07:27:04 PM EST
GreyEagle - Email me if you need XBox games, ok?
And yes - I try to put into something what I want to get out of it !
Post a Comment
<< Home