Wednesday, April 13, 2005

My "Mr. Mom"

Every morning on my way to PT I listen to a local radio station. Keep in mind that this is the only way to stay awake since I am getting up and leaving before the roosters get up and crow. (As far as I am concerned, having to get up this early, defies nature) Anyway, this morning they where talking about a survey of what executive woman's true wish to have was. Can you guess it? A stay home husband. That's right, someone that would stay home and take care of things while they were away at work. Now, there is a point to this topic...... my husband is a stay home mate. So, I got a real laugh out of this one.
First, they made fun of the fact that the survey really shows there are alot of dumb men out there. (This is the guys stating this) They stated they would do it in a heart beat. They would stay home and just tell the maid what to do.... hehe Now, the woman stated that there are good men out there that are starting to stay home and be Mr. Mom/etc. I agree. One of them is my husband. This is where it gets funny...
My husband and me laughed at this. By now, you all have figured out how anal I am about things, so my husband laughed at me over this issue. He stated that he could clean all day, wash clothes and vacuum; and I would still come home and start cleaning. He stated that we are truly Venus & Mars. He laughed that no matter what he did or how he did it, it would never be right, or the way I wanted it to be like. Now, keep in mind this is his opinion.....hehe (I have to agree with him though on this one... sorry girls)
An example given was a mans garage. He states it is clean even though there are piles everywhere. His theory is I know where everything is and what is in each pile. A woman would never agree with this. My husband would have to run me out of the garage because I want to organize his piles by size or category. I just don't understand why this is a problem.. ;) Doesn't every man want his garage and clothes drawers organized for inventory.....?
Well, we compremised. He agreed to tolerate me...... hehe (Isn't this the way a compromise is suppose to be.... :)

Hint: This is why the army works for me.

4 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been married some 33 years - and I have tried to convince my wife that just because she does something a certain way (e.g. laundry) and I do it differently, if the clothes get clean, sorted and folded in the end, just because my/her process may be different - that's all it is, different, not right, or wrong, or better or worse! :-)

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hint: This is why the army works for me."

Of course, you have had close contact with NCOs who have taught you that there is the right way, the wrong way, and - - - the ARMY WAY!

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand. I am trying to get better (i.e. not so damn picky). You could compare me to Monica Gellar on "Friends". Ha! This frustrates my husband ALOT! BUT, like I said, at least I am trying to not be so picky, bitchy, etc.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

I grew up in a house run by the seven kids (my mom was a single parent working 80 hrs a week at 2 jobs)... so it made the women in the house control mavens as adults. All of us (ok, 4 of 5 of the girls) have impossible cleaning standards... When I had a cleaning service, I cleaned before AND AFTER they came...

but I was fortunate enough to marry a Navy guy who is even more of a neat freak than me! (He says it was his Baptist upbringing and having to live in really tight spaces with a minimum of space!) You should see our garage -- a place for everything and everything in its place!

He and I absolutely have different processes for getting things done, but as long as the result is the same -- bravo zulu/hooah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home