Thursday, April 07, 2005

Where Oh Where Has GreyEagle Gone....

It's ME!!!! So where have I been you ask, on the Army's version of a vacation...a three day field training exercise. I would have prefered Key West. The travel arrangements included a 18 mile march back in 6 hours (that is 3 miles an hour, which is roughly faster than my old Toyota that I use to drive to work in). I now have blisters the size of Rhode Island on both my feet. For the funny guys out there that does not mean my feet are the size of Texas. To make things even more fun, we did the march in the thunderstorms that rolled into the area, so there was thunder, lightening, and downpours of rain to distract me from the pain.I am looking forward to posting several things this weekend.
First I am excited, because this blog is going to be a website/blog. I haven't seen it yet, but I am told that it will load up faster and do more things than the current blog. From my understanding, there were so many people visiting each day it max'ed out my little old free yahoo thing, and so the blog was loading slow or not at all. This new website is suppose to fix all that, and you won't have to change anything, just come to this same address, and it is suppose to automatically take you to the new website. It is also suppose to make it easier for me to post from Iraq, so I am looking forward to this.
I am going to post some more stories about basic training and AIT. I learned so much while I was there. Did you know that a "front rest leaning position" is not something involves rest or leaning, but is a nice way to say "drop down and give me 25 push-ups and none of those girl ones!!!!!" Or that "smoking" is not something you do on a break, but rather it is when the gates of hell open up and "physical training" is a polite phrase for torture.
I did get my deployment date. Of course I can't tell you when it is for Operational Security reasons, but I can say that if you have loved ones deployed in the "box" you might want to buy a calender and start counting off the days until they are relieved and come home.
I look forward to posting several things this weekend. I do hope people continue to check in for new posts and don't get discouraged sometimes. The Army sometimes doesn't allow me the time to post for a few days due to training. But, I plan to carry this blog out and will continue to post things until I come home from the "box".
Stay Safe......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home