Just for grins..
If you think you are having a bad day, read this first...
I remember when getting to basic, the first few weeks we all hated it. I know that the drill sergeants are there to make it hell, which helps them to weed out the ones that do not really need to be there. But man, is it hell for the rest of us.For my company, after each meal at the DEFAC, you would walk around a corner and do pushups and dips before coming around to your company area. Here I am with a couple of females and males doing our pushups and dips, enjoying ourselves being force to exercise; you know the normal things a 33 year old does throughout the day.... Unbeknowing to us though was what was happening right around the corner. As we come around, it was like the flood gates of hell had open up..... everyone was getting smoked. The whole company. Now, not that I am a big fan of getting smoked...I am not. But I would atleast like to know why I need to get into a 'front leaving rest position' and get yelled at, expecially since I wasn't even there to lay claim to this punishment. I just felled down into position, again wondering why I decided I needed the Army in my life. Old age must have deminished my decision making and thought processing, when I decided to join. As the drill sergeant yelled for the next position of pain; 'I was making a list and checking it twice, trying to figure out how I was going to get out of this army tonight.' Well, I did survive only to find out that someone had tried to sneak a cookie out and got caught. Obviously, that soldier does not need to consider special ops.... You know next time, I think I am going to ask for a bite of the cookie. I mean, come on; "if I am going to do the time, I want a bite of that crime." Chocolate chip, please.........
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home