Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My new wardrobe has arrived

For the past few weeks, we have started going through the process of having our wardrobe updated. For anyone who does not understand, this means getting out new ACU's issued. The transition has not been bad. Fort Capmbell has set it up to be pretty efficent. The whole experience was painless. Unfortunately, I was 2 for 1 on getting a smile out of anyone.
We started the day at 0630 in order to beat the mad morning sales rush :) My first score was on the boots station. I, of course, asked for a slender 5 1/2 pump with a little heel...I was greeted with a smile. Score: humor 1, insanity 0. I then moved on to the rank issue. Now, on the new uniforms the rank is put in the center of the top and has velcro on the back. So when you come to that line, the person at the table just ask "rank?". Well, you know I could not let that go. I told her that I would love to try Captain, but First Lt. would do. Needless, to say.... Score: humor 1, insanity 1. I had to settle for Specialist rank. Now, I saved the best for last. One of the last stations was to try on our new tops and bottoms. When I walked up to the station, I was placed in front of a tall, very fit soldier. At that point, I figured I could catch him off guard, like a deer in head lights, I asked "do you have something in mauve with lace?" Expression- priceless. Score: humor 2, insanity 1. (don't worry, the guy thought it was funny) I was able to go through the rest of the day feeling victorious. For that day, humor beat insanity.
PS..I will post some pictures later on of the new uniform.

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ft.Campbell ? My mother was there in 1942 ,Army Nurse .God bless you !

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Zipcard2 said...

At least you got some smiles. Good for you. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home