Prepping for the PT test
This morning we did a light workout of two miles and a lot of stretching. We are having a PT test tomorrow (Friday morning). Everything went well on my run. Since we run three and four miles daily, when they say 'two miles' I thank the gods for answering my prayer. Actually, two miles is not very hard because of our conditioning of higher miles. Anyway, as I was standing there in the PT formation for stretching, the Sgt conducting PT this morning started talking about being careful for tomorrow. He stated do whatever you normally due as a routine before a PT test. Do not change anything and break up your routine.
Well, this is where it became very apparent of the age difference. The first thing that came to my mind was to be sure and turn on the heating pad and put my feet up. I also wanted to make sure I laid out all of the medications for in the morning. Lets see that would be: motrin, tylenol, my energy pill (I think it was all mental since the only energy this pill caused me to have was when I pulled out my credit card and paid for it-haven't seen any energy since...:)and make sure I plan ahead for any unexpected bathroom runs in the early morning. I knew that I would need to hydrate well throughout the day of Thursday; and just to be on the safe side, I charged up the battery in my wheelchair and checked with my geriatric nurse for her schedule.
As I am standing there putting my prep list together I can over hear the younger soldiers talking about getting together later, doing the usual fun. If they were like me when I was young and invincible, that would mean eating fatty foods, possibly having a beer and staying out the usual late hours. Man, those were the days... If I did that now, me and my geriatric nurse would be crawling tomorrow across the finish line, and it would take two days to recuperate.. :)
Oh well, I am sure I will do fine. I have been drinking lots of water this week. (It was heat cat 4 today!) I also took a long bath to relax my muscles and yes, I did not forget my heating pad...hehe.
As I sit here and write this post I spotted a fly and thought to myself... Insects give birth and then die; me, I had two kids and joined the army. I guess we can rule out me being an insect....
11 Comments:
Good Luck with the tests. May the Gods continue to answer your prayers.
I'm really glad I found your site. I'm 34 and thinking about signing up so the insights help.
Hello Grey Eagle.....I linked you to my own blog which can be found at http://moonknight.modblog.com
May God bless and protect you always....
Michael
editor-publisher
www.thehereandthere.net
Eep, mine is on Monday. Knew I should have got off my butt more. Good luck this morning!
Hi! I'm just your everyday uninformed civilian so I hope you don't mind me asking you this question.
What is PT testing??
i think that you are only a puppet in the hands of bad man... good luck.
an italian girl
Good luck GreyEagle.........oops. since it is already over.....hope you did well. What you are writting takes me back to when my Grandson was in training for Iraq. He is due to come home very soon, much to my happiness. As I told him.....learn everything - every little thing you can....and remember everything. It may just be that one little thing that saves your life over there. Good luck Grey Eagle...I will follow you and pray for your saftey. God speed.
I'm reading about you for the first time,back here in the states.I will pray for you and all the other brave women and men over there.THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE DOING FOR US.
Cara-
A PT test is a Physical Fitness test. It consists of 3 events. 2 minutes of push ups, 2 minutes of sit ups & a 2 mile run. The female requirements that GreyEagle would have to meet are at least 15 push ups, 42 sit ups, and a 21:37 2 mile time.
Crispy
Thanks Crispy, I wasn't sure either. Grey Eagle good luck when you go and I will pray for you. God Bless You!
hope it went well, greyfox...
oh... and cicca89, you're a misinformed puppet of some left wing bleeding heart idiot somewhere who doesn't remember why Italy isn't a facist state (it isn't, is it?) we do thank the Itlaian soldiers who understand that sometimes you have to fight for what is right... go away little girl. this is the real world.
Post a Comment
<< Home