I AM VERY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!
I am in total disbelief and angry over the fact that my website was shut down. Shortly after the website was featured in the USA TODAY the host Network Soultions shut down the website and notified the domain carrier to shed the DNS. They have to this date failed to explain why, and I can only assume that it had to do with being a MilBogger. To anyone who has ever seen the website, you know that it didn't violate Operational Security, and did not violate any of the standard reasons a host company would initiate such an action (such as financial fraud, hate or racist comments, ect...). So I remain completely confused as to why such an action was taken. Since I did not build the website myself, I did not know that the blog was still active (that it was separate from the website) so I have not posted in awhile, and I regret this because I enjoyed posting and reading my email each day from people who enjoyed the website. I am also very bitter with Network Solutions for shutting down the website without notifying anyone, and for refusing to answer a simple question, WHY?
To anyone that still reads this blog, and I hope there are still a few out there who do (I ask that you leave a comment to let me know) I will be creating a new website at afemalesoldier2.com and will be back up with another company, which I hope has more backbone than the previous one did. I can only imagine what source had the power to not only shut down the website, but to destroy my domain name, which I had paid for and owned.
This has been a difficult because of the such effort and work went into building the website, and I up not only humor, but heart into my postings. I hope that I can recreate a new website and can retrieve many of the readers I once had with my previous website. However, now that I know that I can post on "blogspot" regardless, I will continue to do so, whether my new website gets cancelled again or not. I had gotten permission from my command to maintain this blog and website, so I am baffled as to why someone felt so threatened as to have it canceled.
I will be in the field for war games this week, but will be back with new and future postings. I will try and regain my composure and post in my normal style and manner. But as you can imagine, right now I am simply angry and bitter over this issue and feel very violated, so it is hard to be upbeat and lighthearted.
Grey Eagle
14 Comments:
I had wondered about the sudden absence of input since 23 May. I really appreciate your posts, and regretted their absence - but chalked it up to increased training activities [and comittments to home and family that I infer you somehow manage in spite of your training activities - how, by the way, DO you manage your active duty training and home access?]
I stand in awe and admiration of your comittment, but yet regret the necessity of it.
Remember to take care of yourself so you will be capable of helping others - in your unit, and at home.
God bless.
Harvey
Good luck, and I hope to see your new site soon - or better yet, your old one restored.
Just took a look:
athena:~# whois afemalesoldier.com
Whois Server Version 1.3
Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.
Domain Name: AFEMALESOLDIER.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS25.WORLDNIC.COM
Name Server: NS26.WORLDNIC.COM
Status: REDEMPTIONPERIOD
Updated Date: 31-may-2005
Creation Date: 05-apr-2005
Expiration Date: 05-apr-2006
In the redemption period means it's in sort of a holding pattern after a cancellation action was put forward on the domain.
You need to talk to your registrar QUICK, apparently someone tried to cancel your domain... It's obvious from the dates it hadn't expired, but on 5-31 someone put in an order to cancel your registration. >.> Good luck!
Sorry, last comment.
You may want to take a look here for more information. It is, as are most things with ICANN lately, weighted in favor of the registrars and not the users, unfortunately.
I noticed the page gone too and wondered what was up. I have been reading for awhile and enjoy your insights. I am a mother of an 19 year old son in Canada who is going through the process of enlisting in the army and often think how he will do in his new career. Good luck with your training and keep safe when your are deployed. I will keep reading your posts.
I'm with you and I will stay with you as long as I can find you. You're a soldier who is now fighting 2 battles. I'm a veteran and we always stick together. I've got your back!!
Thanks for letting us know what's been happening. I didn't know about your website and was only reading the blog and wondering why there was a long absence.
Have "fun" during the wargames and may they be instructive and helpful for your future.
When looking for hosting companies look at who is hositng Black Five, or Citizen Smash or Little Green Footballs. They seem to have good service (but I do not know how much the hosting companies charge). Good luck and thanks agian for letting us know.
WOW.. I got ya!!!!
I wish I had known you didn't know you could still post on Blog.com.. I did the same thing when my site was edited.. Well, you know the story there.
I've been posting reguarly on my blog.com.. and I hope you'll do the same..
Take care and good to see you're back..
And you're right.. You never should have been taken down.. There are others out there who compromise security, etc that are in dire need of shut down.
Take care and welcome back..
Phoenix Out
Good to find you again. Wondered what happened. Keep up the fight to regain domain name and we're still out here in support. You are still in our prayers.
signed,
bensondrug@yahoo.com
Glad to see you back... I was also wondering why I couldn't find your site.
Pam
Let me underline stealthbadger's point: you should contact your registrar immediately (Network Solutions; networksolutions.com) to get your domain reactivated. It's possible that someone fraudulently or vindictively put in a cancellation order; it's also possible -- in fact, more probable -- that an administrative SNAFU has shut your down. (Cancellation at end-of-month hints at unpaid bill or lost payment.) Either way, the help line at Network Solutions should be able to reinstate your domain and explain what went awry.
Good Luck, and glad to have you back! -- db
I am a little confused. If you go to the link in the sidebar to the right, it takes you to a web site.
Are you now back in business?
Oh I'm so sorry that happened... I use MSN Spaces and it is all backed up at blogspot, just to be on the safe side.
I've heard of this before... I know the time, heart put into a site. If you are going to use blogsot w/halo... back up your comments, if you wish to keep them, they disappear after so long.
Love, Pebble
Glad to have you back....I thought you gave up. You've got a great site going....
Post a Comment
<< Home