Monday, May 16, 2005

I survived the PT test

Hello everyone. I survived the PT test. First, I want to apologize for not explaining what the PT test was and what it consisted of. 'Thank you' goes out to the reader that answered. Just to review - A PT test consist of three events: Sit-ups, push-ups and a two mile run. The sit-ups and the push-ups are both timed and the recorder counts each one. The two mile run is a timed event that you want to do your best at.
As the reader stated my minimal requirements are low for my age: sit-ups 42, push-ups 15 and I have 21:oo to run two miles in. I will admit now that I am very competitional at anything, this goes along with my anal attitude. Plus, I am very self-conciouse of my age and coming in late, so I always want to prove myself to everyone. (I know deep down it is really me that I am continuing to prove myself to.) Anyway, I managed to max my pushups at 100% with 51. Max was 45, but I went ahead and did a few extra just in case. On my sit-ups, I wasn't as happy. I only did 53 which only gives me 73%. (I will definately start working on this now for the next test). On my two mile run though, I did okay. I did it in 17:06 which puts me at 92%. (My best time was 16:04 in May of 04) So, all in all, I scored a 265 this go around. I was happy. I will work harder to get it higher, but for this test I can now rest.
During the next few weeks we will be doing a Division run, which will consist of a lot of soldiers running approximately six miles. Boy, will I need my wheaties that morning. But I will support our 'old soldiers club' as best as I can. Yes, I started an 'old soldiers club' at my company. I thought it would be fun to give some humor to those of us rolling down the other side of the hill. We are currently trying to come up with a motto and a cadence. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I would love to sing it one morning as a surprise to the company. (Even our First Sgt wanted to join when one of the Sgt told him of it...hehe)
As for the rest of the month and the up coming month. We have what is called 'week of the eagle', this will be a week of events that the soldiers compete for to show support for their company. This is a time for the soldiers to relax during this stressful time. It also helps to build team work. I will let you know how it turns out. We also have a lot of prepping for deployment. We even have a BDE training coming up, which will consist of going out in the field for several days, possibly a few weeks. I will keep everyone informed on that up-coming vacation. I prefer Walt Disney, but they did not ask me. Oh, well maybe next field exercise... :)
Till next time, everyone stay safe and take care.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. My Wife joined the Army late in life as well. She eccos alot of your comments. Similar PT scores as well. I'll keep reading. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home